Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Unexpected Storm



Today we were suppose to go to Grandaddy's house for a fun day of swimming and unlimited popsicles. Well all that was interrupted by an unexpected storm! Kayla woke up and said that the clouds were grey and she just knew it was about to rain and the lights were going to go out.I checked the weather and there is a thunderstorm warning until 6pm. I went in the kitchen to start on our bologna, egg, and cheese sandwiches. I get the kids made and then right when I start cooking my eggs the power goes out! Kayla was more upset because the t.v. had cut off in the middle of her Barney Song and she was DaNcInG!!!!! We were all hanging out in the kitchen with our breakfast and the thunder was soooo loud. Kayla grabbed her plate and said she was going to sit in the bathroom and wanted me to go light some candles and get her a blanket to sit on. During our time in the bathroom Preston decides he needs to go potty. He sits on the potty but is not far enough back and gets the blanket soaking wet! uhhhhhh Well the lights are back on for now. I  love when it storms but I don't care so much for it when the power goes out because the kids get so scared and I can't get anything done. The cuddling is nice though! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Well maybe Kayla will be a meteorologist since she has a good sense for those things. Did you heat up the bologna in the microwave so it would make a greasy cup like daddy does? Lol. I hope your head is better. I'm sorry you hit it. : (

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, student, sister, aunt,& stepmom, and now a step grandma!