Tuesday, July 29, 2008

College Update

This morning I went to meet with my advisor at Dyersburg State. I get there as soon as it opens at 9am and there is a line of course. I put my name on the list and wait my turn. At my table I met two girls fresh out of High School. One of them said she worked at Sonic and just kept rambling on how she was going to be late for work. The other girl said she worked at the Petstore and just recently a male shittzu was stolen! Then she told me that if she hadn't of worked at Taco Bell for two years that she would be small like me. Haha Well, after awhile of random conversation and I mean random my name was called. Don't ask me my advisors name because I couldn't tell ya.um ya know azultz moralik. He didn't really advise me he just asked me what I wanted to take. I told him what I needed to take and it popped up that I had a hold because they needed my Compass Scores from 2001. So I had to leave there and go to Admissions and give them my U of M transcript. The lady told me she only needed to record my English and Math classes and she would remove the hold. I told her that I had my Southwest Transcripts so she could go ahead and enter all of my Science classes as well but she told me she didn't need to. So I go back to the Learning Center and sit down with my advisor again. We register for Microbiology Lecture/Lab and Developmental Psychology and then it pops up on the screen Can Not Register because Prereqs needed. Well I have taken AP2 and Psychology 1 at Southwest and remember that lady told me she didn't need it. So once again I go to the Admissions office so they can enter my grades and such. Finally I am registered for three classes. Now it is time to get my parking permit and student Id. The parking permit turns out to be a bumper sticker and for my student Id the lady put a hole in my name so now I am *aryBeth Robertson*! Oh me oh me oh my! At least I am registered and classes start Aug. 23 and thanks to my wonderful mother my classes are paid for in full! :) I am ready!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha- that sounds so typical of registering. Colleges always make it hard. Maybe so that you are so tired of running around you are really grateful to be registered and happy to finally start : ) I think it would be fun to take a class again.

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, student, sister, aunt,& stepmom, and now a step grandma!