Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Days



Summer has gone by soooo quickly! I have really enjoyed this summer and our move to Dyersburg. Since the move our family has been able to focus on each other instead of worrying about school, my job, his job schedule conflicts! After almost 3 years of working at Tan-N-Go it is exciting to stay at home again. The kids are out of school until August and we have been able to explore the town together finding new places to have fun. The Okeena Park is amazing! It has a community pool plus a kiddy pool, volleyball court, basketball court, walking trail, plenty of picnic tables with shade, a lake, a toddler playground as well as a large play area with swings and slides and such. I know the kids are to young to play volleyball right now but we love it because to them it is a huge sandbox! The kids have gotten their own Library Cards and are enrolled in the Summer Reading Program. For every 100 books I read them they get their names printed on the inside of a book sleeve that stays in the library! We have also found a Merry Castle which has some great snow cones which I love! As far as restaurants go it is either Applebee's or Cruizers. I am also loving that there is a Walmart just down the street and right beside it is the Mall. Not really many stores but still enough for me to enjoy! I am sad to say that there is not a Target or Kohls up here and those were my most visited stores in Collierville. Blockbuster is unheard of as well. Hastings is the place to rent movies which I think is neat because my sister Melody works at Hastings in Murfreesboro, TN while in college.
Everyone here spends a lot of time outdoors, either swimming, working in the yard with their riding lawn mowers (we have one now too), riding four wheelers or bikes. The movie theater is very nice too. It is called the Carmike 9. The well known street Poplar Ave which takes you pretty much anywhere in Memphis, is similar to our Street Bypass. The only thing I miss about Collierville is my parents always bringing us food and volunteering to take a kid for a day. Haha and there company of course.

2 comments:

melody said...

it sounds neat! it's always fun to be in a new place... sad about no target or kohl's though!

Anonymous said...

No Target!! Well, I hardly go there because it's not as close as Walmart. I think you should get a job as the host at the visitor's center since you describe the town so nicely

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, student, sister, aunt,& stepmom, and now a step grandma!