Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost 26

MB at Age 25
Well, let's just say it feels like yesterday I was attending Collierville High School, walking the halls with all my friends laughing and not thinking about how important each step I took was going to interfere with my life. I have actually accomplished a lot more than I thought I would by the age 25. I used to think that being in my twenties would be all about friends and fun girls nights out but my life took a spin. I met the man of my dreams early and I couldn't let him pass. And now that I look back I feel that everything I have done since High School might not have been in the right order but it has made me a stronger individual. I feel that God gave me tons of obstacles and I managed to get through them all without giving up and that means that I am doing everything the way it is suppose to be. I always wanted to be a mother so becoming a mother was very exciting for me! I just wanted to be finished with my career first which didn't happen. That is what scared me the most. Putting my life on hold for a while made me question if becoming an Elementary School teacher is what I really wanted or if I just wanted it because my parents were teachers and that is what I was familiar with. Now having two of my own I questioned this repeatedly. After my experiences having children I realized that I wanted to become a Neonatal Nurse. I just needed a little push in the right direction. I was scared once again of the major change in my decision. If it weren't for a girl named Talia I don't know if I would have stepped up to this exciting change. She gave me all the information I needed to pursue a career in Nursing. She even took me to the Med and I got to meet all the Neonatal Nurses and see the newborns. From here I transferred colleges and am able to take courses at my own pace, and night classes are extremely helpful so that I can stay at home during the day with Kayla and Preston. I have been thinking that it was best I put my career on hold because if I had finished school before starting a family then I might not be happy because of my career. So being a married woman now with two beautiful children has made my life sooo special and I wouldn't change anything! My family has made my life precious and I am very happy with all of my choices. Let's just say I do things backwards but in the end I am exactly where I am suppose to be and doing exactly what I am suppose to be doing with my life! Everything is great and soon I will be a Neonatal Nurse and couldn't be happier with my decision. Thanks Talia I owe you!:)

2 comments:

melody said...

i remember reading this before- i'm glad everything has worked out!

The Robertson Family said...

Yeah I copied it from my myspace!

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, daughter, student, sister, aunt,& stepmom, and now a step grandma!